Building codes establish the minimum criteria for the design and construction of new structures and the remodel, renovation or repair of existing structures.
These codes and standards can be hard to follow and difficult to understand. The staff at FBS has the educational background, training and experience in the field of construction to determine when minimum codes and standards have not been met and when this has contributed to building failure.
When natural or person made disaster occur, changes in building codes and standards often affect the scope and cost of repair. FBS has the expertise to recognize and interpret these changes.
We offer the following services:
- Code compliant shop drawings
- International Code Council evaluation services report review for products used to rebuild after a loss
- Evaluation of codes and standards affecting the scope of repairs
- Assisting local building officials with code interpretation
- Product compatibility
- Engineering design and calculations
We Specialize In
- Determining which codes and standards apply to each property
- Applying those requirements properly in repair situations
- Integrating our engineering skills with these requirements.